May 31, 2018
Washington, D.C. (June 01, 2018)—In recognition of National Homeownership Month, Arundel Federal Savings Bank, Glen Burnie, Maryland, and the Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA) are reminding current and prospective Maryland homeowners of community bank resources that make financing easier and more affordable.
“For most people, buying a home is an investment in their future—an opportunity to establish roots, start a family, and build financial security,” said Dave Costello, President & CEO of Arundel Federal. “As your trusted mortgage advisor, we can help you navigate the process, answer your questions and select the financing option that best fits your needs and situation.”
ICBA and Arundel Federal offer the following tips for consumers considering purchasing a home of their own:
- How much you can borrow and what loan products best match your financial needs and budget considerations? Your community banker will review the mortgage process along with available mortgage programs and loan features, so there aren’t any surprises.
- Learn how mortgage rates, the loan amount, property taxes and insurance premiums affect monthly mortgage payments. This will help you shop for a home that fits your budget and increase your prospects for success as an informed buyer.
- Your rights and obligations under your mortgage contract. Today’s consumers have more avenues than ever to homeownership. Your community banker will help you understand the fine print before you sign on the dotted line.
- Suitable government-sponsored programs. In addition to federal homeownership and home-buying assistance programs, there are many programs sponsored by your state, local government or other organizations that community banks can recommend to make homeownership more affordable.
- Additional resources to help you create a budget and set financial targets. Many community banks offer additional helpful resources. Free online educational tools can also be found at hud.gov.
“For many Americans homeownership represents the keys to financial wealth creation and putting down roots in their community,” said Ron Haynie, ICBA senior vice president, mortgage finance policy. “As relationship lenders, community banks like Arundel Federal are here to provide guidance and support in what can be a protracted and complicated process to becoming a homeowner.”
Click here to view current mortgage rates along with more information about the various loans available to you.
About Arundel Federal Savings Bank: Arundel Federal Savings Bank has been helping Maryland residents save for their futures and finance the purchase of their homes through five branches in Anne Arundel County and one in the Brooklyn area of Baltimore City. Arundel Federal is a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender. For more information about Arundel Federal, please contact Jeanne M. Slaughter, Marketing Manager, 410-863-7028 or JSlaughter at ArundelFederal dot com
The Independent Community Bankers of America®, the nation’s voice for nearly 5,700 community banks of all sizes and charter types, is dedicated exclusively to representing the interests of the community banking industry and its membershipthrough effective advocacy, best-in-class education and high-quality products and services. For more information, visit www.icba.org.
# # #