November 1, 2017
Arundel Federal Savings Bank will be collecting food donations now through November 16, 2017 to support local food pantries this holiday season. Donations will be accepted at all branch locations in Annapolis, Brooklyn, Gambrills, Glen Burnie, Pasadena and Severna Park.
"We know holidays can be hard time of year for many people and appreciate the fact that our branches can be a central location for food donations. We are incredibly fortunate that our customers and employees generously donate items to help those in need enjoy a holiday meal together. We invite all the communities in and around our branches to join us in making the season brighter to those who need it most" said Dave Costello CEO.
Arundel Federal has been hosting local food drives at its branches for more than 10 years. This year’s donations will go to a variety of organizations including the Anne Arundel County Food Bank; South Baltimore Network; Severna Park based SPAN (Serving People Across Neighborhoods) and local pantries. Visit ArundelFederal.com for branch locations and hours.
According to the Anne Arundel County Food Bank, 33,352 residents and 2 out of every 5 children live below the poverty line unsure of where their next meal will come from. The Anne Arundel County Food Bank currently serves over 1 million meals per year and provides assistance to 40,000 individual households.
Current food donation needs:
- Canned goods: (low sodium, no salt added) corn, green beans, yams, fruit, cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, pumpkin filling, gravy
- Boxed goods: stuffing, mashed potatoes, muffin mix, pie crust
- Canned proteins: tuna, salmon, chicken, beans, peanut butter
- Dairy: shelf-stable milk, evaporated milk, infant formula
- Fruits and juices: (in light syrup or its own juices) fruit cocktail, applesauce, juice boxes
- Pasta and rice: brown and white rice, macaroni and cheese, pasta
- Soups and stew: (low sodium) beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, vegetable, turkey and rice
- Foods not accepted: perishables