September 7, 2023
Beginning Monday, October 2nd, 2023 through Monday, October 30th, 2023, all branches of Arundel Federal Savings Bank will be collecting non-perishable food donations for local pantries to support our communities this holiday season. During the Fall Food Drive, collection boxes will be available in the lobbies of all five Arundel Federal Maryland branches located in Annapolis, Brooklyn, Glen Burnie, Pasadena, and Severna Park. View branch locations and hours.
“With the recent cuts to the Maryland Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps, the rise in inflation and the dramatic increase in food prices, local food pantries are in dire need of supplies to support the many affected Maryland families experiencing food security issues. Now in our 20th year of collecting food for local families, the generosity of our customers, employees and the public never ceases to amaze me and Arundel Federal is again asking for everyone's help to ensure local families can enjoy a meal this holiday season and beyond" said Tom Herpel, President and CEO.
This year’s donations will go to a variety of local organizations including:
- Serving People Across Neighborhoods, SPAN, Inc., Severna Park. Since 1990, SPAN has been assisting neighbors in need with utility turn-offs, court-ordered evictions, prescription/medical needs and food.
- St. John Lutheran Church Pantry, Brooklyn.
- Heritage Baptist Church Food Pantry, Annapolis.
- Local Food Banks via the Pasadena Business Association's November Caring and Sharing Community Harvest Parade
- NCEON - North County Emergency Outreach Network is a Christian organization comprised of more than 35 churches and 5 civic organizations from the Glen Burnie, Linthicum, Pasadena, and Severn areas.
Below are some of the non-perishable food items most needed for the holidays:
- Canned goods: gravy, corn, green beans, yams, fruit, cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, pumpkin filling, baked beans, tomatoes
- Boxed goods: stuffing, mashed potatoes, muffin mix, pie crust
- Canned proteins: tuna, salmon, chicken, spam, ham, beans, peanut butter
- Dairy: powdered or boxed milk, evaporated milk, infant formula
- Fruits and juices: (in light syrup or its own juices) fruit cocktail, applesauce, juice boxes
- Pasta and rice: spaghetti, brown and white rice, macaroni and cheese, pasta
- Soups and stew: beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, vegetable, turkey and rice
- Foods not accepted: perishables
Thank you for giving.