This agreement provides information about the Arundel Online banking service and contains the disclosures required by the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, as implemented by Regulation E. For the purpose of this agreement, the words "You," "Your," and "Yours" refer to the holder of an account with Arundel Federal Savings Bank. The words "We," "Us," "Our," and "Bank" refer to Arundel Federal Savings Bank.
By using Arundel Online banking, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this agreement. Online Banking transactions are additionally governed by any other separate agreement(s) you may have with Arundel Federal Savings Bank, including, but not limited to, the Account Signature Card which incorporates your Deposit Terms and Condition, Truth in Savings Disclosure and the Schedule of Fees and Charges. If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and one contained in the other agreements between us, this Agreement will control.
Receipt of Disclosures
You understand that this agreement incorporates the initial disclosures that the Bank is required to provide to you under Regulation E. You agree to receive the “Online Banking Agreement and Agreement & Disclosure” in an electronic format (for example, by viewing them on your computer screen) and you have the ability to print or download this agreement if you wish to retain a copy of it. If you do not have the ability to print or download this agreement you should immediately request written disclosures by contacting Arundel Federal Savings Bank at 410-768-7800 or writing us at 655 Crain Hwy S, Glen Burnie, MD, 21061. You may request disclosures at any time.
Description of Service
Arundel Online is a service provided via the public Internet to registered and authorized customers to enable access to common Internet Banking features and functionality. The specific features and functionality of the Arundel Online service may be changed or modified at any time without notice.
In order to utilize Arundel Online, users must:
- Be an active customer of Arundel Federal Savings Bank with at least a personal deposit or loan account. (Bill Pay services require an active checking account.) Only personal accounts are eligible for access via Online Banking and Bill Pay Service.
- Complete registration for Arundel’s Bill Pay service. Registration requires that you provide all requested information and agree to comply with the specified terms and conditions of the Bill Pay service.
- Have Internet access with an approved version of Internet browser software and/or operating system software.
- Remain an active user of Arundel Online service. For security reasons, inactivity for over 180 days may result in termination of access without notification. Failure to utilize online Bill Pay service for over 90 days may result in the termination of Bill Pay service without notification.
- Accept the terms and conditions of this Online Banking and Bill Payment Services Agreement & Disclosure.
You are responsible for maintaining all Internet connections, browsers, hardware and software that are necessary to access Arundel Online. The Bank is not responsible for any errors or failures of your computer or software. The Bank is not responsible for any computer virus or related problems that may be associated with your use of this service.
Definition of Business Day
For determining the availability of deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturday, Sunday and federal holidays. Any transactions, via Arundel Online, completed after 3:00 p.m. may be treated as a transaction on the next business day. We may treat any correspondence from you, via e-mail, received after 3:00 p.m. on a business day as if we had received it the following business day. All references to time in this document are Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Arundel Online & Bill Pay Service are available virtually anytime day or night, seven (7) days a week. However, availability of the Services may be suspended for brief periods of time for purposes of system maintenance and updates. We will work to quickly resolve and minimize any interruptions in Services.
Services through Arundel Online
Arundel Online is a consumer electronic banking service provided by the Bank. You must have an Arundel Federal Savings Bank account to access Arundel Online banking service. You may access Arundel Online using a personal computer with access to the Bank’s web site on the Internet.
Arundel Online allows you to…
- transfer funds electronically ("transfers") between any of your deposit accounts or loan accounts,
- obtain account information, such as the balances, in your savings and checking accounts, and loan accounts,
- view your account history and find out what checks have cleared, and
- access your designated checking account to pay most bills ("Bill Pay")
The Bill Pay service enables you to pay your bills from your personal computer. You understand that you must have a checking account at Arundel Federal Savings Bank for transactions accomplished through online Bill Pay.
Collectively these are referred to as the "Arundel Online" banking services.
There are no fees for accessing your account(s) through Arundel Online. There are certain fees and charges, in connection with your use of Arundel Online such as but not limited to, stop payment orders, minimum balance fees, insufficient and/or uncollected funds fees, that will result in additional fees being incurred by you. Please refer to the current “Schedule of Fees and Charges”. Arundel Federal Savings Bank reserves the right to add or revise any fees or charges. You will be given at least 21 days written or electronic notice of any change of terms or any addition or revision of the fee schedule. If you need an additional “Schedule of Fees and Charges”, please contact us.
Arundel Online is offered free of charge to all Arundel Federal Savings Bank personal account holders in good standing with an active deposit or loan account.
Our optional Bill Pay services is offered free of charge to all active checking account customers registered for Arundel Online.
If you do not have sufficient funds in your account on the date a fee or charge is payable, you authorize the Bank to automatically deduct the payment from your account as soon as funds are available. You understand that you may be charged an additional fee if your account does not contain sufficient funds to make the payment for the Bill Pay service.
Arundel Federal Savings Bank and its vendors are committed to providing a safe online banking system. Login information and the request and display of personal information are done via the use of encrypted SSL communication to prevent unauthorized access. Login attempts are monitored and three consecutive failed login attempts will result in your access becoming blocked. It will be necessary to contact our Internet Banking Customer Service staff to request that it be unblocked or reset. The Arundel Online banking system is for the use of authorized customers only. Individuals using this system without authority, or in excess of their authority, are advised that if monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, system personnel may provide the evidence of such monitoring to law enforcement officials. In the course of monitoring for individuals improperly using this system, or in the course of system maintenance, the activities of all users may be monitored. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring.
Your Arundel Online password is used only for Arundel Online and bill payment transactions. You will be prompted from time to time to change your password for additional security. You may change your password at any time by selecting the Change Password option.
In order to maintain secure communications and reduce fraud, you agree to protect the security of your numbers, codes, marks, signs, public keys or other means of identification. We reserve the right to block access to the Services to maintain or restore security to our Site and systems, if we reasonably believe your Access Codes have been or may be obtained or are being used or may be used by an unauthorized person(s).
Safe and effective use of Arundel Online requires that you, the customer, take an active role and responsibility for maintaining a safe and secure personal computer environment and follow safe online computing practices. Your role in maintaining a secure environment includes, but is not limited to, the following.
- Do not share your private or personal information (User ID, password, account number, card number, PIN, Social Security Number), or any other sensitive information with unauthorized parties.
- Do not leave your private or personal information out in an open area accessible by others, including your computer screen. When possible, lock your computer prior to leaving and enable a password-protected screen-saver to automatically lock your computer.
- Do not send your private or personal information over any public or general e-mail system. Email is generally not secure or encrypted and unauthorized parties may easily read the contents.
- Do not login or access Arundel Online from public or shared use computers when you are unable to verify the software installed does not record your keystrokes or online activity.
- Do not leave your computer unattended while you are logged in to Arundel Online.
- Secure your personal computer by utilizing a personal firewall and running updated anti-virus and anti-spyware software to reduce the possibility of having the information you type captured and sent to unauthorized parties.
- Do not use an easy to guess password such as your first or last name, "password" or the name of your child. A more secure password should be at least 8 characters long and include a combination of numbers, upper & lowercase letters, as well as special characters such as !@#$%&*( =?;.
- Change your password on a regular basis. We require that you change your password every 365 days or as soon as possible if you have any reason to believe that others may know it.
- Be skeptical of all requests for your personal information regardless of whether they are made via phone calls, e-mail messages, or web pages. Contact your local Arundel Federal Savings Bank branch or the Internet Banking Department at 410-768-7800 to confirm any request for personal information.
- Immediately report any unauthorized or suspicious activity on your account and report any lost or stolen personal information to the Internet Banking Department at 410-768-7800.
Customer Liability for Unauthorized Use or Transfers
Telephone us immediately at 410-768-7800 if you believe that your password has become known to an unauthorized person or if someone has transferred money or made payments without your permission. You understand that calling us in such cases is the best way of keeping your possible losses to a minimum.
You understand that you can lose all the money in your account(s) (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit, if you have one) accessed through Online Banking if you do not inform us that your password has become known to an unauthorized person. If you believe your password has become known to an unauthorized person or if someone has transferred money or made payments without your permission, you should confirm this fact by writing us at the address below.
If you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50 if an unauthorized person used your password to access Online Banking without your permission.
If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn that your password has become known to an unauthorized person, and we can prove that you could have stopped someone from using your password without your permission if you had told us, you can be liable for as much as $500.
If your monthly statement indicates any type of electronic funds transfer and/or Bill Payments(s) described above that you did not make or authorize, you must notify us immediately at the phone number or address below. If you notify us within 60 days of transmittal of the statement on which the unauthorized transfer/Bill Payment(s) appears, your liability will not exceed the lesser of $50 or the amount of the transfer/Bill Payment(s). Notification after the 60 day period will result in liability equal to the above plus the amount of any unauthorized transfer/Bill Payment(s) occurring after the 60 day period and before notification if we would have otherwise been able to prevent the transfer/Bill Payment(s) if notified earlier.
Contact us during regular business hours by calling:
410-768-7800 Fax at 410-768-7802
Write to: Arundel Federal Savings Bank
Attn: Customer Service
655 Crain Hwy S
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Liability for Failure to Make Payments or Transfers
If we do not send a bill payment or make a transfer from your account on a timely basis, as set forth in this agreement, or in the correct amount according to your instructions, we may be liable for damages caused. However, we will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, your designated funding account does not have enough money in the account to make the payment or transfer.
- If, circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood or loss of power), prevented the bill payment or transfer, despite reasonable precautions we have taken.
- If, the Services, your equipment, software or any communications link is not working properly and you knew or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you started the transaction.
- If, you fail in three (3) attempts to enter to enter your correct password.
- If, you have reported your password compromised.
- If, your account is subject to a hold or other legal process which restricts us from processing or making a transfer or bill payment.
- If, you have not provided us with the correct information for those payees to whom you wish to direct payment or accounts to which you wish to make a transfer.
- If, you have reason to believe that there has been unauthorized use of your password and you fail to notify us as set forth above.
- If, the payee mishandles or delays handling payments sent by us.
- For preauthorized transactions, if through no fault of the bank, the payment information for the preauthorized transaction is not received. There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
You understand that federal limitations on transfers (pre-authorized withdrawals) applicable to Money Market and Savings Statement Accounts during each statement cycle will apply to and limit the number of transfers that can be made through Arundel Online. You may not make more than 6 transfers per month by means of Arundel Online via a Money Market and Statement Savings Accounts.
You should refer to your Truth in Savings Disclosure or contact us for additional information.
Errors or Questions
Contact us as soon as you can, during regular business hours by calling:
410-768-7800 Fax at 410-768-7802
Arundel Federal Savings Bank
Attn: Customer Service
655 Crain Hwy S, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
….if you think your statement is wrong, or you need more information about a transfer appearing on your account or listed on your statement. Our regular business hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 3 pm, and Fridays, 9:00 am to 6 pm, holidays are not included. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appears.
- When notifying us, tell us your name and account number;
- Tell us the date and dollar amount of the transaction in question.
- Describe the transaction in question and explain why you believe it is an error or why you need more information
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days (20 business days if your account has been opened for 30 days or less) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if your account has been open for 30 days or less) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within 10 business days (20 business days if your account has been opened for 30 days or less) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we will not be required to re-credit your account.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfer you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing payments and/or transfers.
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant.
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders.
- If you give us your permission.
- As explained in our separate Privacy Disclosure.
Documentation and Verification of Payments/Transfers
Upon completion of an Online Banking transaction, a confirmation will be provided. We recommend that you print the transaction results for verification purposes. You should record this in your checkbook register as a permanent record of the transaction. This will help in resolving any problems that may occur.
Information concerning Online Banking transactions will be shown on your normal statement for the account to and from which transfers or payments are made. If you have a checking or money market account, you will receive a monthly statement. If you have a savings account, you will receive a statement during months with electronic funds activity or quarterly if there is no such activity.
The first time you log in to Arundel Federal Savings Bank accounts using Arundel Online service confirms your agreement to be bound by all terms and conditions of this agreement and provides acknowledgement of your receipt and understanding of this agreement.
Termination of this Agreement
You may terminate your use of your Arundel Online services at any time by contacting the Bank at 410-768-7800 during regular business hours. If you request termination of this agreement, you authorize us to continue making transfers and payments you have previously authorized until such time as we have had a reasonable opportunity to process your termination request.
You are responsible for complying with all terms of this agreement and the regulations governing the deposit accounts that you access through Arundel Online. We can terminate your Arundel Online banking privileges without notice to you if you do not pay any fee required in this agreement when due, or if you do not comply with this agreement. The regulations governing your deposit account are set forth in your “Deposit Account Terms and Conditions” and “Truth in Savings Disclosure”. You may terminate this agreement and your use of Arundel Online services by notifying us at 410-768-7800.
We may terminate this agreement and your use of Arundel Online services without notice if you do not log on for a period of more than 180 days. If this occurs, you will have to repeat the registration process for Arundel Online services. We reserve the right to temporarily or permanently discontinue Arundel Online services at any time by mailing to you, at the address shown in our records, a notice stating the date termination will occur and that no transfers or orders payable to third parties via Arundel Online services will be honored if received the day of termination and thereafter. We will inform you of such termination in accordance with applicable law or regulation.
Change In Terms
The Bank may change any term or condition of this agreement, and will email or deliver a written notice to you at least 21 days before the effective date of any change in a term or condition if the change would result in increased fees or charges, increased liability for you, fewer types of available electronic fund transfers, or stricter limitations on the frequency or dollar amounts of transfers, unless prior notice is excused by law.
Electronic Mail (E-mail)
If you send the Bank an e-mail message, the bank will be deemed to have received it on the following business day. You should not use your personal computer or business e-mail to report an unauthorized transaction from one of your accounts or if you need to stop payment that is scheduled to occur. However, you may provide notice to the Bank if you use the Contact Us or Message feature that is provided in the Arundel Online service.
Important notice: E-mail transactions outside of the Online Banking site are not secure. Do not use a public e-mail system to send us or ask for sensitive information such as account numbers, password, or account information. If you wish to contact us electronically, please use the Contact Us or Message feature provided in our Online Banking site.
Ownership of Materials
The content and information on our Site is copyrighted by Arundel Federal Savings Bank and the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of any portions is prohibited.
If any provision of this Agreement is void or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such ineffectiveness or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or enforceability of such provision in another jurisdiction or any other provision in that or any other jurisdiction.
Area of Service
The Services described in this Agreement and any application for consumer credit and deposit services available at our Site are solely offered to residents of the United States of America. However, customers who are outside of the U.S. may have limited access to their Online Banking information.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted under Maryland Law.
Arbitration of Disputes
If either you or we have any irresolvable dispute or claim concerning the Services, it will be decided by binding arbitration under the expedited procedures of the Commercial Financial Disputes Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and Title 9 of the US Code. Arbitration hearings will be held in Baltimore, Maryland or where mutually agreed to. A single arbitrator will be appointed by the AAA and will be a retired judge or attorney with experience or knowledge in banking transactions. The arbitrator will award the filing and arbitrator fees to the prevailing party. A judgment on the award of the arbitrator may be entered by a court.
No Signature Required
When any payment or other online service generates items to be charged to your account, you agree that we may debit your designated Eligible account or the account on which the item is drawn without requiring your signature on the item, and without prior notice to you.
Amendment of this Agreement
We may amend this agreement (including changes in its fees and charges hereunder) by giving notice to you at least 30 days before the effective date of the amendment, unless such change, or amendment is otherwise required by law or applicable regulation. Your continued use of the Services is your agreement to the amendment(s). Depositor's overdraft protection agreements will continue to apply in accordance with our published Schedule of Fees, as amended from time to time.
We may waive any term or provision of this agreement at any time or from time to time, but any such waiver shall not be deemed a waiver of the term or provision in the future.
We may assign the rights and delegate the duties under this Agreement to a company affiliated with us or to any other party.
Arundel Federal Savings Bank
Attn: Customer Service
655 Crain Hwy S
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
By using Arundel Online services, you agree that you have received and understood this agreement and disclosure and will bound by all the terms and conditions of this agreement just as if you have signed this agreement.
If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement, you understand that you will notify us to discontinue your Arundel Online services.