Thank you for considering Arundel Federal for employment. Please review current openings, and submit an application if a position aligns with your interests, skills and career goals.
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, provides a variety of customer service functions, such as processing savings account, checking account, and loan transactions; cashing checks, cash advances and so forth. Is responsible for providing quality customer service, cross - selling the Bank's services, and balancing each day’ s transaction and verifying cash totals. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from customers (internal and external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate. Assists customers and potential customers in understanding and utilizing the Bank's products and services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes all transactions for customers, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and transfers. Disburses money orders and cashier checks. Balances each day's transactions and verifies cash totals. Completes teller summary sheet. Receives checks and cash for deposit in savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability, and receipts transactions via on - line teller terminal. Cashes checks and pays money from savings and checking accounts upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, drafts, money orders, savings withdrawals, and so forth to determine their negotiability.
- Assists customers with payroll and direct deposit questions. Receives name and address changes, and check orders, and processes stop payment requests. Files new account signature cards.
- Performs all duties of a Proof Operator. Processes check images daily. Verifies accuracy and balances transactions.
- Receives loan payments ensuring that payments equal the amount due and all late charges, if applicable, are collected. Enters payments received into the Bank’s records via on - line terminal.
- Prepares individual daily settlement of teller cash and other transactions bringing cash drawer and settlement sheets into balance. Locates and corrects discrepancies.
- Utilizes tact and experienced - based knowledge to resolve customer (internal and external) problems by explaining specific policies and products while representing the Bank in a professional manner and maintaining positive customer relations. Acts as a publications representative for the Bank.
- Answers questions concerning services provided by the Bank. Performs a variety of account maintenance functions. May type letters and/or other correspondence.
- Performs other Teller and Clerical duties, as assigned by the Teller Coordinator, Assistant Branch Manager and/or Branch Manager.
- Complete required annual Bank Secrecy Act training which includes emphasis on Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR) completion, how to identify suspicious activity, how to Know Your Customer (Customer Due Diligence (CDD)), and how to perform an Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) check.
- Bank Secrecy Act responsibilities include accurately completing Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), adhering to the Customer Identification Program (CIP) Policy, reporting suspicious activity to your manager, Bank Secrecy Act Officer, Security Officer, or senior management as appropriate and performing Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) checks
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). 12 months previous cash handling experience preferred. Ability to sell products and services. Knowledge of Bank policies and procedures. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Must possess strong service orientation and willingness to sell products and services. PC proficient, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet. Excellent math ability. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, telephone, etc. Ability to lift minimum 25 lbs (i.e. coin bags & trays). Some travel required.
How to Apply
Download the Employment Application, fill-in the form, and email to us as an attachment or, if you prefer, print and fax the application.
Direct applications and resumes to:
- EMAIL: HumanResources at ArundelFederal dot com
- FAX: Attention Human Resources Department, 410-768-7803
Human Resources Department
Arundel Federal Savings Bank
655 Crain Highway S
Glen Burnie, MD 21061-3856
For application inquiries, please call HR at 410-863-7048 or 410-863-7023.
Arundel Federal Savings Bank is an EEO/AA employer who recruits/hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status or disability, or any other factor prohibited by law. We promote the concept of equal employment in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws. Arundel Federal maintains a smoke-free and a drug-free workplace. Necessary accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of any position.
Candidates must possess the legal right to work in the United States and are subject to a background investigation. It is not our practice to sponsor individuals requiring work visas.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.